Renew the Function and Beauty of Your Smile with Dental Implants
Dental implants are surgically placed titanium posts which are designed to replace missing teeth. These posts serve as a permanent, durable foundation for dental crowns, bridges, and dentures. Dr. Andrew S. Paek provides complete dental implant treatment, whether you are missing one tooth or a whole row of teeth. Implants are placed at our Englewood, NJ, practice, and both doctors offer implant-supported restorations. Our whole team offers excellent service and quality results so that you can enjoy a healthier, renewed smile.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts inserted into the jawbone to act as replacement tooth roots. The titanium, over a course of several months, will naturally fuse with the bone and create a secure foundation for a restoration. Dental implants offer several unique advantages:
- Longevity: With proper care, implants can last the rest of your life.
- Comfort and Security: By fusing with the natural bone, the implants hold restorations securely in place, allowing you to chew comfortably and speak clearly.
- Improved Bone Health: While traditional bridges or dentures merely rest on top of the gums while allowing the jaw bone underneath to atrophy, dental implants stimulate the bone tissue so that it remains strong and healthy.
- Greater Confidence: When you do not have to worry about forgetting your dentures or having them slip out of place when you speak, you can feel more confident in your daily activities.
Who is a Good Candidate?
Candidacy is an important consideration before deciding on dental implants. Since this is a permanent solution that takes months to complete, patients must be able to adhere to their doctor’s instructions and consistently attend follow-up appointments. There are also certain health conditions and lifestyle factors that might disqualify someone from receiving implants, such as:
- Blood disorders
- Autoimmune conditions
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Periodontal (gum) disease
Because we are completely committed to your safety and well-being, our doctors do everything they can to help you succeed with treatment. We can provide several types of procedures to improve your candidacy if you do not currently qualify for implants.
What to Expect Throughout Treatment
The process for receiving dental implants can generally be divided into several stages:
Consultation and Preparatory Procedures
- During an initial consultation, Dr. Paek thoroughly reviews each candidate’s medical history and any existing conditions to evaluate whether surgery is advisable.
- Digital x-rays and scans will be taken to make sure your oral health and jaw bone strength are sufficient to support implants.
- If you need any preparatory procedures, such as dental extractions, periodontal treatment, or a bone graft, your doctor will discuss your options and help you decide on a treatment plan.
Dental Implant Surgery
- When you come to the office for your procedure, your doctor will administer local anesthesia to ensure your comfort before beginning.
- After the posts are placed in the jaw, your doctor will suture the gums closed.
- In some cases, you may receive a temporary restoration.
Healing and Restoration
- Over the next four to six months, the process of osseointegration will take place and allow the implants to fully fuse with your jaw bone.
- Once your doctor determines that the process is complete, abutment pieces will be placed and left to heal for roughly two weeks.
- By using CEREC technology to create digital impressions in our office, the lab can manufacture your custom restoration in as little as 10 days.
- To complete your treatment, your permanent restoration will be placed. We offer several options for materials, such as porcelain fused to metal, porcelain fused to zirconia, all ceramic, or all zirconia.
It is very important to follow all your doctor’s instructions throughout the process. If you maintain good oral hygiene and attend regular professional cleanings and exams, you should be able to enjoy the results of your treatment for years to come.
Restore Your Confidence
If you have missing teeth and are interested in the most lifelike, longest-lasting results, our doctors can help you achieve your goals. To learn more about dental implants, contact us online or call the office at (201) 227-0635 to schedule your consultation.
"Dr. Paek and his team were punctual, friendly, and most importantly turned something I dread into a pleasant experience (as pleasant as it can be). I highly recommend."Kieran B. - Yelp Review